From an 1885 edition of The Chatham Record, these hints speak to the concerns of another era. Kerosene spots just aren’t the problem these days that they used to be. Not all of them are outdated, however. The admonishment to “turn the children out into the sunshine to play,” for example, is as sound today as it was then.
- .@CCPLib is currently weeding some of our older, and now irrelevant, health & wellness resources. We're replacing t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @ChathamCountyNC: Chatham County District Court will operate on a 2-hour delay tomorrow (Wednesday). No Superior Court is scheduled thi… 5 hours ago
- RT @pittsboroncgov: Waste Industries will resume trash pickup one day later than their usual schedule. The Tuesday route will be picked up… 5 hours ago
- RT @CORAFoodPantry: We are back to our regular hours on Wednesday. The pantry will be open 10am - 2pm. Hope y’all enjoyed the snow! 5 hours ago
- eBook Friday: Twas the Night Before Christmas
- eBook Friday: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
- Give the Gift of Books with Our Second Annual Giving Tree!
- Chatham County Public Libraries Receive Funding to Develop Youth Coding Programs
- Blackbeard’s Sunken Prize: The 300-Year Voyage of Queen Anne’s Revenge
- 1880-1899 1900-1920 1921-1940 1961-1980 2011 Review 2012 Review adult fiction adult non-fiction advertisements Amy's picks animals arts & leisure audiobook autobiography biography black history book clubs Brendan's picks Carrie's picks children's and youth services classic literature Clay's picks cooking & food crafts Dana's picks Did you know? e-audio eBooks events fantasy farms fiction health historical fiction historical import history humor (fiction) humor (nonfiction) Jennifer's picks juvenile fiction juvenile literature juvenile nonfiction literature Megan's picks member review middle grade fiction Molly's picks mystery NC LIVE news nonfiction North Carolina oddments Pittsboro politics reader's advisory reference resource of the month romance science science fiction Sharen's picks Sociology summer reading suspense Suspense Thriller technology The Chatham Record the domestic scene thriller Top_10 travel Wes's picks young adult fiction young adult literature