Did you know that the library has Nook Simple Touch e-readers that you can check out? Each device is pre-loaded with different titles. Some Nooks have a romance theme, while others contain past best sellers or young adult titles.
Here are some of the titles you’ll find on our Nooks:
- Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
- Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan
- Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kirman
- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
- Sycamore Row by John Grisham
You can find these devices in the library catalog by searching Nook in the title field. Clicking on the Nook number will reveal a full list of titles that are loaded on that device. You may also come across Nooks in the catalog when searching specific titles. For example, if you search for The Fault in Our Stars, in addition to seeing print copies and eBooks, you’ll also see a Nook record that looks like this:
Nooks check out for three weeks at a time. To check out a Nook, see a staff member at the reference desk. We will review device features with you at checkout, so please allow 10 minutes. If you’re just curious and would like to see what they’re all about before checking out a Nook, we’ll be happy to provide an introduction. Call 919-545-8086 for more info.