The New York Times is one of the nation’s premier sources of information on current events, arts, sports, business, and more. Now this valuable resource is available online – all you need is a computer and your library card!
Complete text of the newspaper is available back to 1980 and is provided in plain-text format. Users also have access to The New York Times Book Review and The New York Times Magazine (with coverage back to 1977) in PDF format.
To access The New York Times:
- Go to nclive.org and click on the Articles icon in the middle of the page.
- Click on the link for The New York Times. This will bring you to the main page where you can search within the publication.
If you want to access just the most recent edition:
- On the main page, click on Publications in the menu at the top.
- On the resulting page, click on New York Times, Late Edition.
- Click on the View most recent issue link (to the right of the title).
- The resulting page will list all of the articles in the latest edition beginning with page A1. Click the Full text link to read an article.
- The same procedure can be followed to access the most recent NYT Book Review or NYT Magazine; articles from these publications will also be available in PDF format.
For help navigating this database, contact the reference desk at 919-545-8086, or chat with us at www.chathamlibraries.org.
Please note: This resource is not currently included in searches in the nclive.org search boxes, or when searching in EBSCO search boxes. Users must use the resource link to search directly within The New York Times database.