Sharen works in Circulation.
Reach her by phone: 545-8084
Sharen answers our Library Questionnaire:
1. What is your favorite book?
- Fiction: Accidental Birds of the Carolinas by Marjorie Hudson
- Young Reader book: The Stinky Cheese Man by Jon Scieszka
- Nonfiction: Man and His Symbols, by Carl Jung
2. What is your favorite quote or saying?
“What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it’s all about?”
3. If you didn’t work in the library, your ideal job would be…
I’ve been very lucky to have had jobs I’ve loved – maybe my favorite was as a graphic designer in the book publishing industry, or designing for non-profits or for a corporation with a social conscience.
4. What is your favorite book to movie conversion?
I recently was wowed by Hugo — so visually beautiful, and a very sweet story.
5. What author (living or dead) would you love to meet?
Thomas L. Friedman – because his ideas are often so “out of the box”
6. What is your favorite food?
Chocolate, of course
7. What is your favorite non-fiction subject?
Design – all aspects
8. What is something that you like to do in your free time?
Going for walks and playing with my dog Bojangles, weaving, visiting museums and galleries, visiting with friends, going to NYC
9. If you could invite any three literary characters to dinner, who would you invite?
Celie of The Color Purple, Miss Marple from Agatha Christie mystery novels, and Yoda (I know he was picked by others, but c’mon, who wouldn’t want to know what words of wisdom Yoda would have?)
10. Free question. Just let us know a little something else about yourself.
I enjoy math and hope to someday find the time to conquer Calculus.