Auto Repair Reference Center (ARRC) provides repair and maintenance information for more than 37,000 vehicles, foreign and domestic. The information from ARRC comes from Nichols Publishing, the former publisher of the popular Chilton repair manuals, and the database is updated with new material on a regular basis.
To access this resource, go to www.nclive.org, click on the Hobbies & Interests category, then select Auto Repair Reference Center from the list. You will be prompted to select your library and log in with your library card number.
From the ARRC site: Select the year, make, and model of your vehicle. The page will then display all available submodels for that vehicle. Select the engine specification that best describes your vehicle. For most vehicles, users will have access to:
- Repair Information (including step-by-step photos)
- Technical Bulletins & Recalls
- Diagrams (electrical wiring)
- Maintenance Intervals
- Labor Times
- Diagnostic Information (based on symptoms and ODBII codes)
Please note: Repair information is sometimes not available for newer vehicles (five years old or less).
Users can also access these additional modules through links at the top of each page of the site:
- AutoIQ – short videos about the different parts and systems of a vehicle
- Care & Repair Tips – general tips for caring for or repairing your vehicle
- Troubleshooting – general resource for diagnosing problems with your vehicle
Need help navigating this resource? Contact the reference desk at 919-545-8086, or chat with us at www.chathamlibraries.org.