We have exciting news for those of you who have been following our coverage of historical newspapers! The folks at Digital NC have digitized early issues of the Chatham Record from 1879 to 1901, and they are working on adding more soon. You may see them here. If you see anything especially interesting or relevant to our region, please let us know here at the blog and we will feature it in a later post.
- Thank you to @jewel_davis from @appstate for this beautiful #BHM #youthlit thread! twitter.com/jewel_davis/st… 10 hours ago
- Feb. 23 @ 1 pm: "Discovering Elvis: Tracing Traditions to the Soul of the King" -- Billy Stevens puts the social &… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Tomorrow from 1 to 5 pm: "It Started With a Script: Prescription Drug Misuse, Addiction, & the Opioid Crisis." Pres… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- eBook Friday! Nappily Ever After by Trisha R. Thomas e-inc.overdrive.com/e-inc-chatham/… 2 days ago
- 1880-1899 1900-1920 1921-1940 1961-1980 2011 Review 2012 Review adult fiction adult non-fiction advertisements Amy's picks animals arts & leisure audiobook autobiography biography black history book clubs Brendan's picks Carrie's picks children's and youth services classic literature Clay's picks cooking & food crafts Dana's picks Did you know? e-audio eBooks events fantasy farms fiction health historical fiction historical import history humor (fiction) humor (nonfiction) Jennifer's picks juvenile fiction juvenile literature juvenile nonfiction literature Megan's picks member review middle grade fiction Molly's picks mystery NC LIVE news nonfiction North Carolina oddments Pittsboro politics reader's advisory reference resource of the month romance science science fiction Sharen's picks Sociology summer reading suspense Suspense Thriller technology The Chatham Record the domestic scene thriller Top_10 travel Wes's picks young adult fiction young adult literature