We have exciting news for those of you who have been following our coverage of historical newspapers! The folks at Digital NC have digitized early issues of the Chatham Record from 1879 to 1901, and they are working on adding more soon. You may see them here. If you see anything especially interesting or relevant to our region, please let us know here at the blog and we will feature it in a later post.
- Image 3/7 #LibraryLife challenge! Invited by Durham Co Libraries @DurhamCountyLib. We now challenge @uwlibraries to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Win a writing workshop for your class or library (hint! hint!) with @ransomriggs! Follow the link for details: peculiarwriting.com 21 hours ago
- Tonight at 6 pm: The Virtual Justice Project presents "Parent Advocacy" as part of an Education Law Series. Takes p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @AcevedoWrites Developing characters who are figuring out how to be “The One” in their own lives, like the teens we… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 1880-1899 1900-1920 1921-1940 1961-1980 2011 Review 2012 Review adult fiction adult non-fiction advertisements Amy's picks animals arts & leisure audiobook autobiography biography black history book clubs Brendan's picks Carrie's picks children's and youth services classic literature Clay's picks cooking & food crafts Dana's picks Did you know? e-audio eBooks events fantasy farms fiction health historical fiction historical import history humor (fiction) humor (nonfiction) Jennifer's picks juvenile fiction juvenile literature juvenile nonfiction library literature Megan's picks member review middle grade fiction Molly's picks mystery NC LIVE news nonfiction North Carolina oddments Pittsboro politics reader's advisory readers advisory reference resource of the month romance science science fiction Sharen's picks Sociology summer reading suspense The Chatham Record the domestic scene thriller Top_10 travel Wes's picks young adult fiction young adult literature